Nothing short of a real Parisian institution, the Brasserie Lipp
has been an address not to missed in Saint Germain des Prés
for more than 120 years!
Since it was established in 1880 by Leonard Lipp, the Brasserie has
enjoyed a solid literary and political reputation. All year round,
it welcomes the great names that have marked French literature (Gide,
Malraux, Proust, St Exupéry, Camus, Sartre…)
At the Lipp Brasserie, time seems to stand still. It is listed
as a historical monument for its famous varnished mahogany frontage,
its 1900 décor, the wall ceramics by Leon Fargues and the
ceilings painted by Charly Garrey.
Here, even the menu hasn’t changed for more than half a century!